How To Soften Skin In Photoshop ? You too can have smooth flawless skin, not naturally but with help of Photoshop. If you have rough scaly skin on face and your camera exposes it clearly ? You can easily soften your rough facial skin with the help of Photoshop :) Few weeks back I had told you how to whiten your teeth in Photoshop, similarly today we are going to learn how to soften skin in Photoshop.
The soften skin effect photoshop tutorial has easy steps and any one can do it. You don’t have to be a Photoshop ninja, a basic user with the help of step by step instructions on soften skin effect in photoshop can be done. This tutorial will be more helpful for non-soften skin faces and people who don’t have time to soften your skin naturally.
Photoshop Skin Retouching Tutorial
This method of skin retouching or to make it simpler – smoothen your rough skin using Photoshop and this method is for beginners and takes 15-20 minutes of your time. Learn easily step by step following the below tutorial.
One thing to make note here is, there are many methods to soften skin in Photoshop. You should always remember that the photo shouldn’t appear too smooth, fake and synthetic. Without losing texture, here is a quick method to smoothen your skin in Photoshop.
1. Open your image in Photoshop
2. Duplicate the background layer. You can either right click the image in the layers palette and select “duplicate layer” or use shortcut to drag the photo to drop into create new layer icon.
3. Now set the blending mode to vivid light. By default it will show normal, you select from the list to Vivid light.
4. Now go to Image > Adjustments > Invert
5. Then Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur. (this makes the photo sharper, use the slider untill you see the pores on the face)
6. Again go to Filter > Other >High Pass (play with the slider untill your happy with smoothing)
7. Make sure you get the right smoothing in the face, cheeks and nose. Ignore other elements at present. We will deal that in coming steps.
8. Create a new mask for the layer & fill it with black.
9. Right Click on the black mask area and choose Add mask to selection.
10. Now Select your color as white (make foreground color to white) and select the brush tool and starting drawing on the image skin with a soft brush.
11. Adjust your opacity if you find the effects are too strong.
Check the Output picture : (For the original picture, you can check top of the post)
12. Finally save the picture.
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |