Previously we had seen Chrome Split Screen extension for Google chrome that lets you to split the screen into various tabs and load each website on different frame tabs. Similar to the chrome extension, here is one for Firefox browser that splits the new tab screen into different tile and load each webpage on the tile. It means, each new tab page can be separated into one single page with tile frames.
Tile Tabs Firefox addon allows tabs to be tiled within the Firefox browser. Tiles can be arranged horizontally, vertically or in a grid. Tiles can be re-sized by dragging splitter bars. Links can be dragged to open in other tiles. Scrolling of tiles can be synchronized.
Once you’ve installed the tile tabs extension, you can find the tile new option in the Firefox browser. Click on the Tile option > Tile new tab > above/left/right/below option. You can add number of tile as a new tab page. Just enter the web address on the new tab and it reflects in the tile.
From the developer notes :
- Tile Tab – adds an existing tab as a new tile above, left, right or below the currently selected tile.
- Tile New Tab – opens a new tab as a new tile above, left, right or below the currently selected tile.
- Tile Duplicate Tab – opens a duplicate tab as a new tile above, left, right or below the currently selected tile.
- Tile Link in New Tab – opens a link in a new tab as a new tile above, left, right or below the currently selected tile.
- Untile Tab – removes a tile and the corresponding tab reverts to normal operation.
- Switch Tab – switches the tab displayed in the currently selected tile with another (tiled or untiled) tab.
- Expand Tile – expands a tile and collapses all the other tiles in that group (or use F2).
- Tile All Tabs – adds all tabs as tiles together horizontally, vertically or in a grid.
- Untile All Tabs – removes all tiles and all tabs revert to normal operation.
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |