When you take pictures in your digital camera, it has file names like DSC0001.jpg, 02.jpg etc. When copying the vacation photos to the PC and renaming them to actual vacation name of hundreds of pictures is a tough task. For this, you must have a batch file rename utility which does the job in one click. On the past, we had told you about many free utilities that can bulk rename, resize and watermark your photos and also does multiple operations on images. Now, we have another free bulk file renaming utility.
Bulk File renaming utility is a free file renaming software for Windows. Bulk Rename Utility allows you to easily rename files and entire folders based upon extremely flexible criteria.
Features of Bulk Renaming Utility :
- Rename files, folders or both
- Remove, add or change text in the file names
- Perform text substitution
- Change the case of file names
- Remove characters or words
- Remove digits or symbols
- Append or prepend text to file names
- Append dates in many formats
- Append the parent folder’s name
- Auto-number files with flexible rules
- Automatically preview the new names
- Sort the file details by any column
- Group configurations into “favorites”
- “Bulk Rename Here” Windows Explorer extension
- Directory recursion – process sub-directories too!
- Regular Expressions support
- Rename files from an input text-file list
- Create an “Undo” batch file
- Log activity to a log file
- Change file and folder date/timestamps (created, modified, accessed)
- Change file/folder attributes (hidden, read-only, archived)
- Rename photos using EXIF metadata (i.e. “Date Picture Taken”, “Resolution” and other information embedded in all JPG photo files)
- Rename MP3 files using ID3 tags (a.k.a. MP3 ID3 tag renaming).
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |