Photivo is a free open source software which allows RAW image processing and uses advanced algorithms to process images without losing speed, efficiency and maintain the quality of original image. For photographers and professional image editors, this is one of the best RAW photo processor. It handles your RAW files as well as your bitmap files in a non-destructive 16 bit processing pipe with gimp workflow integration and batch mode.
Photivo offers the most flexible and powerful denoise, sharpen and local contrast (fake HDR) algorithms in the open source world. Check out the list of features that Photivo ports :
- 16-bit internal processing, color managed with LCMS2.
- Gimp workflow integration (import and export)
- Works with RAWs and Bitmaps (8 bit bitmaps are transformed and processed with 16 bit, which usually gives better results).
- CA correction, Green equilibration, line denoise, badpixel reduction, wavelet denoise, median filters on RAW data.
- Perspective correction (tilt and turn)
- Demosaicing: Bilinear, VNG, VNG4, PPG, AHD, DCB, mod. AHD, VCD, LMMSE, AMaZE (needs work!).
- RGB, R, G, B, L*, a*, b*, Texture, Detail, Hue, Saturation, L* by Hue, Base curve.
- Tonemapping (Reinhard 05 (RGB Brighten), Fattal et al. (Dynamic range compress)).
- Several local contrast filters (HiRaLoAm (Local contrast), texture contrast, local contrast stretch).
- Sharpen (Edge avoiding wavlets, USM, Highpass, Inverse diffusion, Wiener filter, Gradient sharpen).
- Denoise, seperately on Luminance and Color (Edge avoiding wavelets, GreyCStoration, Wavelet, Masked bilateral, Pyramid).
- Adaptive saturation.
- Film grain simulation.
- Black and white conversion.
- (Split) Toning.
- Cross processing.
- Gradual overlay (like Cokin filters).
- Softglow / Orton.
- Texture overlay (external texture)
- Batch mode
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install photivo
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |