SmartPower is a Windows service that hibernats and resums your Windows PC according to configurable rules. This software is must use if you want to start off a process like torrents and such at a particular time .
The system basically hibernates and wakes up as per configured rules. This is an simple application that is a must try if you run programs/batch programs at specific time period.
Installation procedure as given mentioned by SmartPower
- Download the installer using the link at the bottom of this page.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions.
- When the installer has finished, click Start, click Programs, click SmartPower, click SmartPower Configuration.
- The SmartPower configuration utility will open and will ask you if you want to start the SmartPower service. Click Yes. (You will only need to do this once; when your PC next boots the service will start automatically).
- Configure SmartPower as required and click Save. You changes will take effect immediately.
- Disable hibernate/suspend on system idle in your power saving settings. SmartPower cannot (currently) wake-up your PC if Windows has hibernated/suspended it.
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |