So much of hard work and time which we put in our blogs, and that easily we cannot let it go down just by a hack or if something does happen to your blog, we cannot get it back easily as before. So, always back up, backup and Back UP !
We have recently learned to backup facebook and flickr data, today we will see how to backup your blogger hosted blogs and wordpress blogs. This includes the backup of all your post, comments, categories, tags, pages, themes, database, etc. Lets see how ..
Backup Your Blog with BlogBackupr :
Blogbackupr is a online web service that lets you to take backup of your blogs whether it is blogger or WordPress. It takes just a minute to set up and it can backup all your blog post, comments on daily basis. It also has one click restore functionality. It automatically backups your post articles, comments and categories. It can also backup images and template files. You can backup multiple blogs at the same time.
1. Sign up blogbackupr by entering your email id and blog url address.
2. You will get the password in your email id, Now enter blogbackupr by entering email id and password.
3. Now you can see the dashboard which shows the blog name, last backup date, no of post and blog platform whether its blogger or wordpress etc.
4. You can also export the backup file to your PC as rss or text or HTML file. By downloading the back up file, you can view the post offline.
5. You can also view all the post online from with in blogbackupr dashboard.
6. It can save your media files upto 100 MB.
7. It works with all blogs that have a RSS-feed. For wordpress backup, you need to provide WordPress credentials.
All together its a very good service to backup your blog post, comments, categories, media files etc. Just give it a try with your personal or dummy blog and if you’re satisifed go for your professional websites and blogs.
For self hosted WordPress blogs, plugins are the great support, I have been using WP-DB Manager plugin that allows you to backup, optimize and restore your database. It supports automatic scheduling of backing up and optimizing of database.
If you’re using some other backup wordpress plugins, do share with us and also leave your thoughts about backing up blogs. Got something to say ?
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |