Can you imagine what it would feel like to lose your Facebook account with lot of friends, contacts, pictures, videos etc ? More than that your valuable relationships. Once the social networks has become big, the security holes are also big. Anytime your profile might get hacked or your account gets deleted without warning and you may lose everything.
So, here today we are going to see two methods to back up your Facebook account. It is very simple to back up your account and no need of any technical knowledge. Let’s see how ..
SocialSafe is an adobe air application backup tool for Facebook. It allows you to connect to Facebook and download your photos, friends, status updates and profile, both for safekeeping and so you can view them offline.
Some of the key features of socialsafe is you can download all your photo albums which includes the photos which you’re tagged in. The software is $2.99 to purchase and as the app is very cheap, there is no trail version available.
Per license key can be used twice, means you can use it on two computers. You can try it out and 3$ is not a huge amount. SocialSafe works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OSX Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard.
SocialSafe – Homepage
The Second method is free one, Archive Facebook is a Firefox add-on that allows you to save content from your Facebook account directly to your hard drive. Archive your photos, messages, activity stream, friends list, notes, events and groups.
1. Download this Archive Facebook extension from the Mozilla add ons page and install it.
2. Once you’ve installed it, you can see a new option called ” Archive FB ” on the menu bar where you can see File, Edit, View History etc.
3. Now login to your Facebook account and click archive Facebook option in the top menu bar. (ArchiveFB –> Archive)
4. Now you will see a dialog box telling you that you activity stream will be expanded, press “Ok”, so that your activity stream will be expanded, displaying all activity done on Facebook since your accounts creation. It takes little time because it expands all your activities from the date of creation of your Facebook account.
5. Once the retrieval of your activity stream has completed, the archiving process will begin. You will see a window that says “Capture” on it. This window drives the archive process.
For the detailed information, you can check their user manual here.
Download the Firefox extension – Archive Facebook
What is your opinion about this tool ? Is it necessary to back up our Facebook profile ?
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |