5 Ways To Find Out Who Unfollowed You on Twitter

There are many reasons people unfollow you on twitter, When realizing that you’re unfollowed makes you little hurt, but don’t take it deep to your heart cause it is just a social network. We have seen many tools to unfollow people on twitter, but today we are going to see the best ways to get noticed when you’re unfollowed on twitter.

There are many reasons people unfollow you on twitter, like they may not be interested in your content which you tweet, when your content is adult or offensive, when you spam too much etc. But after knowing the exact person who unfollowed you, you can ask them and know the reason why they unfollowed you. So, here are some tools to find out the person who unfollowed you on twitter.

HowTo Get Alert When Someone Unfollow You on Twitter ?

Unfollowr @ Twitter -

If you follow this twitter handle, it DM’s you when someone unfollows you on twitter. It is my favorite way to find out who has unfollowed me, because I get the notification in my DM inbox and don’t need to go for any thrid party apps.

Qwitter -

When someone unfollows you, qwitter sends you an email message saying who unfollowed you and what tweet did you post before they unfollowed you. All you need to do is, sign up. Enter your twitter username and email address.

Goodbye, Buddy! -

You can follow him on twitter @goodbyebuddy and go once a day to his website to check who unfollowed you.

Lost a Follower -

This service is same like qwitter, you need to sign up with twitter username and email address. They will send you an email message when ever some one unfollows you on twitter.

Twittaquitta -

Service that sends you an email everyday to tell you who stopped following you on twitter!

Bonus – TwitDiff

TwitDiff provides e-mail and RSS notification for accounts unsubscribing from your tweets.

Once again I say this to you all, it hurts badly when you find someone unfollows you on twitter, so don’t take it close to your heart, it is just another social network.

Don’t forget to read : HowTo Find Who UnFriended You on Facebook ?

Comments

1. Hi This is a Useful Post. Though these services will get very annoying if you have very large number of followers and some of them starts unfollowing you each day :)
    .-= Mrinmay Bhattacharjee´s last blog ..Purchase Cheap Storage for your Google Account =-.

2. Cool list Sri. I tried goodbye buddy, its good, nut Quitter never ever worked for me! Nice post.. :)
    .-= Sahil Malhan´s last blog ..Old Style Twitter Features with Twitter Extender For Chrome =-.

3. blinkky says:

I don’t know that we can check this. Thanks for sharing this. Very useful =)
    .-= blinkky´s last blog ..Create Your The Simpsons Character =-.

4. Netchunks says:

Extreme list mate eventhough I never use this kind of tools cos I am never concerned about who unfollows me :P
    .-= Netchunks´s last blog ..Get .com domain at 1$ =-.

5. I’ve been using @chirpstats (http://twitterless.com/). It sends you a weekly DM letting you know how many people added you, dropped you, total follower count and then provides a link to more details about who actually followed you and dropped you. I find it useful because it gives me a weekly digest rather than an immediate DM every instance.
    .-= Scott Horvath´s last blog ..ScottHorvath: @cheeky_geeky I think that character right off is long over due. Jack can finally focus on his work. #24 =-.

6. Siddhu says:

Goodbye buddy works for me, and it looks really neat too :D Proud to say I have zero unfollowers ( but i wont say i have less followers :P )
    .-= Siddhu´s last blog ..Tips to write better articles =-.

7. Chethan says:

Oh My God! 162 Retweets!
    .-= Chethan´s last blog ..Make your own portable software that runs from a pen drive without installation =-.

8. Chethan says:

and the name qwitter lol! i m laughing!

9. John says:

TwittaQuitta is by far the best. I used almost all of them. Qwitter, Goodbybuddy, unfollowr and TwittaQuitta. Twitta Quitta sends you an email once a day only when someone unfollowed you. Works very good and reliable. All the other services only worked for some time. Then a long time not at all and very irregular. http://twittaquitta.com is the best trust me…

10. a simpler method is to check on m.twitstat.com. Under ‘extra’ they have ‘exes’ which shows a daywise unfollower list :)

(via @Vemana – http://twitter.com/vemana/status/12332364739 )
    .-= Arun Basil Lal´s last blog ..Best BuddyPress Plugins to Build Your Own Social Net =-.

11. Milana says:

Unfollowr and goodbyebuddy its been quiet for so long,they used to send a notification through DM,idk what happened with it.
    @Arun for m.twitstat.com you can get to know it only if you access the site on daily basis without failed :) (my experience that i rarely use the site,when i access the “exes” it says “you have to access it regularly”

12. I always wanted to know this. Your article helped me a lot!! Thanks…..

13. Great list, will check these resources out. Thank you!

14. Bimal Roy says:

Thanks for the tips friend. It is really a useful one to all twitter users.

15. Arun says:

Cool Tip Dude. Now could you also include in your posts, a method to find out amongst the people you follow, who is following and who is not. That is because if I follow a huge number of people, I need to chuck out people from my following list who don’t follow me !
    That will be helpful.

• HMW says:

Arun, try FriendOrFollow.com. It works fairly well.

I like Twunfollow…daily email with unfollows (as well as when they started to follow me), or I can check their website. Tells me when a follower is deleted, but it doesn’t tell me who it was anymore.

16. Agustin says:

http://www.friendorfollow.com is missing in that list :)

17. Luma Rosa says:

He missed the best of everyone on the list! @twunfollow

18. Arun says:

@HMW Hi, Friendorfollow works good, I am using it and find helpful. Thank for advice.
    For unfollowers, I am using Who.unfollowed.me its good.
    Quitters and twitttaquitta dont work.

19. Edwin says:

I think the firs shoul be who.unfollowed.me ;)

20. Hunter says:

Great list, now I can see who my true followers are. Thanks

21. Vodatone says:

Great list of services although I don’t like the idea of sending unfollower notifications by email and such. Like the first posters said, what if you lose like 20 people a day, it will clutter your inbox for sure!

You’re missing a free tool in the list by the way. It’s pretty new and I’m using it for a few days already.
    It’s called ByeBuddy and can be visited here: http://www.byebuddy.com

What I like best is that it doesn’t require me to log in with my Twitter credentials, nor will it ask me for my e-mail address. I can check whenever I want without annoying emails which is just what I needed.

Byebuddy might be a good addition to the list.
    Nevertheless, thanks for sharing! I’ve never heard of some of these tools before =]

22. Yener says:

The first method is the best, but I really don’t understand how they can do that.

23. ok. got to check. i want to know who not follow my twitter..

24. POed says:

What difference does it make. When they are gone they are gone. Get some more and go on. Who cares. What are you going to do, beg them to follow you again. A complete waste of time.

25. kelly123 says:

i hate people who unfollow you for no apparent reason . it really sucks . so now im wanna unfollow the back .

26. Sahil says:

Grat list mate… I prefer justunfollow to unfollow all non followers at a time.

27. Jason says:

I used who.unfollowed.me but was frustated by the auto tweets from my accounts and then shifted to http://unfollowers.me which is cool and i get email notifications.

28. whippersnapper says:

hate it when people follow you, wait for you to follow them back, then quickly unfollow you.
    THOSE SNEAKY LITTLE RASCALS!:)

29. POed says:

Not worth a damn 12 hours after the fact, so not worth a damn.

30. Jelbee says:

the first suggestion does’nt work for me. i guest i have to go to goodbye buddy.

31. compared to all, i think Qwitter is better…

32. big rock says:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful article with us. I really enjoy to reading this article.
    And your view in this post about “unfollow people on twitter” is so nice. Keep posting.

33. haha for some people it does not heart, we unfollow them back aggressively.

34. Serina says:

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate this! I don’t really mind losing the followers but not knowing who it is is annoying, plus if I follow them I may want to stop! :D

35. TwitQuit says:

http://www.twitquit.co.uk is a new way to track your followers and unfollowers on Twitter. Automatically follow or unfollow those who do the same to you and receive daily or weekly email alerts.

36. Jennifer M. says:

For the record, it’s highly creepy when someone you’ve just unfollowed tweets you with “Why did you unfollow me??!” Very stalker-esque and instantly makes me glad I unfollowed them and very unlikely to respond to them. I wouldn’t recommend encouraging your readers to behave in such creepy ways. Not all unfollows are because someone is creepy, but a lot of them are, and when we unfollow, we don’t want any more contact with those people so why would you encourage further contact?!!

37. Ken T says:

The article misses the point: most people follow randomly on Twitter to get people to follow them back. Then, parasites among us unfollow nearly everyone to make it seem like they have thousands of fans for their book, movie or other career. THAT is the reason to carefully check who unfollowed you. We all would like to follow news sites, celebrities, favourite TV/video programmes, etc. and do not expect them to follow us back. However, when we follow randomly to crank up the number of our followers, we do not want to end up following parasites whose aim is to outsmart us. It is ridiculous to think that anyone with over 1000 followers actually knows these people and got them all without randomly following people. More ridiculous still, is when Joe Average shows 80k followers, but has only followed 300 people. Most people simply don’t check–and how can you when you are following over a hundred people?! Twitter is flawed by design, which is WHY we need the above apps–to get rid of the ‘donkey ears’ so-called ‘smart guys’ try to pin on us!

38. Twittaquitta is the best!!!

39. adele says:

thank you so much. soooo helpful!!

40. Vanessa says:

I’ve had more than several accounts over the years different topics. Just started a new one. I don’t use these sites but I can see the benefit if you have large numbers of follows. After awhile, tweets you would like to keep up with disappear off your timeline and you’ve got these people who have un followed you taking up space. You unfollow them and the others may appear again. Your post is Good info!

41. Kanyinulia says:

Nice one thanks….You might need to include unfollowed.me …they are very good, been using them but this morning it’s not working correctly

Trackbacks