If you need to showcase your talent, creativeness, skill and experience to the audience, you need a Portfolio. Your portfolio acts as a strong tool to showcase your past successes and adding value to your profile.
Freelancers must have a portfolio, so today we are going to see how to create a portfolio online. It takes just 5 minutes and sure adds a value to your work. It demonstrates what you’re capable of.
Already we have seen, How to find freelancers in your area ? so if you’re freelancer, you must have a portfolio to showcase your work. Now let us see..
Carbonmade is a simple online portfolio app that lets you to showcase and manage your work by having a simple portfolio. It has currently more than 150,000 portfolios. It looks stunning, modern, lightweight user interface and works across all browsers.
You can create your portfolios for free up to maximum of 5 projects with 35 images for life. If you want to expand, you can upgrade which offers more storage and additional features which cost 12$/month with 500 images, 10 videos and 50 projects. You also have option of domain binding, video & flash projects, ad-free, project hiding and tech support.
This step by step guide will teach you how to use carbonmade to create and manage your portfolio online.
HowTo Create and Manage a Portfolio ?
1. Go to Carbonmade.com
2. sign-up for a free account.
3. Click on Add project
4. Now add images/flash files to your portfolio. If you’re a photographer, you can add your Photos and If you’re web designer, you can take screenshots of your works and upload it here.
5. Once you have added the image, you can assign the Image caption, title, client name, note, web url address etc. You can also click add image to add more images. Don’t forget you can add only up to 35 images.
6. Now click the “About” tab which is at top, to fill up about you. So that when people visit your portfolio, then can know about you.
7. You can fill up name, email address, phone number and something about you – your passion, hobbies etc and also add a display picture, area of expertise, skills etc.
8. If you go to settings, you can get your web url address. This url address is your online portfolio address where general public can view your portfolio.
9. If you have Google analytics account, you can integrate that. So that, you can count your visitors, know where they come from, your daily traffic source etc. Google analytics tracks your portfolio website.
I have created a sample portfolio with 2 images etc. You can have a look at it. Click on the thumbnail and view it. Link is given below.
If you find any other similar online portfolio service, you can share with us :)
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |