Testing is the main phase in developing any product, web designers need to test their design in multiple browsers and different operating system before they deliver the product to their clients. In this way, they can satisfy that, their product design runs peacefully on all the browsers without messing up. The process is called cross-browser testing.
Today we have powerful solution for cross-browser compatibility testing and which is a must and essential tool for web designers. Adobe BrowserLab is the best and fastest tool for testing webpages across different environments. This way, it will help you get the results in real-time, and since browserlab is an online service, you can access it from any computer connected to the internet.
Adobe Browserlab makes browser compatibility testing easier for you, in addition to it, if you’re a Dreamweaver CS4 user, then you have additional integration such as testing local and active content.
Cross Browser Testing – Adobe BrowserLab
All you need to do is, just sign up for an Adobe account. If you have one already, then login with your Adobe ID and password.
1. Sign in with your Adobe ID
2. Chose the browsers you wish to test the web page. You can chose from browser sets which is available. You can also create your own browser sets and edit it.
3. You can change the viewing option to 1-up, 2-up or onion skin. Zoom feature is also available. You can zoom up to 200% and take a look at the individual parts of the webpage.
4. Finally after all the settings are over, then enter your webpage url in the top box which is given and hit enter.
5. Screenshots will be displayed on multiple environments, and You can save a screen shot to your local desktop system.
1. Web page on Safari 3.0 browser – OSX Platform
2. Comparing the same page in 2-up View – Safari with OSX platform and IE7 with Windows XP
Dreamweaver Extension –
The Adobe BrowserLab extension for Dreamweaver CS4 lets you preview local web content from within Dreamweaver. If Dreamweaver CS4 was installed without Extension Manager CS4 (version 2.0), download and install Extension Manager CS4. Now Download and install both parts of the BrowserLab Extension for Dreamweaver CS4.
Adobe BrowserLab – Homepage
Got something to say ? Just try out browserlab and leave your comments.
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |