HowTo Find Out Who has Unfriended You on Facebook

Recently, a friend of mine wanted to know who has unfriended him on Facebook. He was shocked to see this Facebook friends count dropped down. Since, he has a huge number of friend list on Facebook, going through the friends list and seeing who isn’t there any more is a hard task. Do we have any other way to find out ? Yes! Unfriend Finder is your solution !

Popularity on Facebook is mainly based on Friends with whom he/she shares everything or anything. It is often difficult to know who disappears, but now Unfriend Finder is there to help us know!

Find Who has Unfriended You on Facebook ?

Unfriend Finder is a simple JavaScript that allows to know who removed you on Facebook and works in Firefox. You need to install

Greasemonkey add-on to use this script on your Firefox browser. Greasemonkey add-on is a userscript manager for Firefox which helps us to customize the webpage using simple JavaScript. It enhances the Firefox a lot.

All you need to do is, If you have not installed Greasemonkey add-on, Just install the Greasemonkey add-on from Mozilla add ons page, and then Install Unfriend Finder Script.

There is no need of technical knowledge, just hit the Install button and it will automatically do the rest for you. This Unfriend Finder script gives you a notification when it detects someone is no longer your friend. You get the notification on your Facebook toolbar.

Unfriending on Facebook is of 2 types, when someone literally removed you from their friends list. Another one is, when some one deactivated/deleted their account and are no longer on Facebook. You will be notified in both cases.

HowTo Install GreaseMonkey ?

1. Go to Greasemonkey add-on page > Click Add to Firefox button.

2. The Install windows opens > Now hit Install Now button. It automatically installs the add-on in your Firefox browser.

3. Now after installation is over, just restart the Firefox.

4. You can see Greasemonkey icon (monkey face icon) enabled browser taskbar at the bottom.

5. You can also enable, disable and check options of Greasemonkey via Tools > Greasemonkey

HowTo Install Unfriend Finder Script ?

1. Go to Unfriend Finder Userscript page > Click Install button

2. It will show a pop-up notification to Install > click Install now and that’s it.

3. Now you have successfully installed the script. You can check it via Tools > Manage script. You can see the Unfriend finder script installed successfully.

4. Now login to your Facebook account and Get notified when someone unfriended or ignored you on Facebook !

HowTo Configure Unfriend Finder Script ?

Now you have successfully installed the script and when you sign into your Facebook account, you will see a notification. You can configure the script by clicking options button.

You can see the screenshots below –

1. The notification when some one unfriends you

2. The full access to the unfriends page with friends UID.

3. Settings Page of Unfriend Finder –

If you’re a chrome lover, then you have chrome extension for Unfriend Finder.

The Unfriend Finder script is very powerful, useful and works flawlessly. I love this userscript because it is fully featured and integrated into Facebook.

Just try out and leave your comments :)

Comments

1. Kurt says:

You have just showed my friends how to find out when i unfriend them :-? Kidding..

Nice share btw.
    .-= Kurt´s last blog ..4 Steps To Intelligently Choose A Blogging Niche =-.

2. Siddhu says:

Nice share.. will try it out.. useful to find out who doesn’t like clutter in their profile :D
    .-= Siddhu´s last blog ..Tips to choose your antivirus =-.

3. Kevin M. says:

Very cool! I always wondered how to do this. Now I can stalk all the people who have unfriended me. ;)
    .-= Kevin M.´s last blog ..There is so much we will never understand. =-.

4. Fazreen says:

I’m really strict when approving people as a friend..I’m only want to be a friend to real person.

5. Getting the following message when trying to install:-

Error loading user script:
    500: Internal Server Error

Can you please help?
    .-= Rohit Agarwal´s last blog ..From Today’s Papers – 30 Mar 2010 =-.

6. I’m using 3.6.2
    .-= Rohit Agarwal´s last blog ..From Today’s Papers – 30 Mar 2010 =-.

7. Shiva says:

This is a pretty cool tool man, Now we can amaze our friends who unfriends us by stalking them..lol
    .-= Shiva´s last blog ..How to add smilies to WordPress Blogs =-.

8. Simran says:

I dont really care about these things.. who unfriended or not but sometimes I feel the need of such a thing. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Simran´s last blog ..How To Add jQuery Dynamic Go To Top Button To WordPress Blog =-.

9. Nice Trick, I was searching for the same.
    .-= SmashinGeeks´s last blog ..What happens when Google Logo is Replaced by Blog’s Logo =-.

10. Aahna says:

hey really this is nice addon even facebook can’t find this in the site how to unfriended us on facebook but this addon really will help us.

11. Adrian says:

Hello,

Nice work on the Unfriend Finder! I recently created a Facebook App which does the same thing, for those who wish to avoid installing add-ons or those who don’t or cannot use Firefox. It has significantly less features and is slower, but it works! :) No advertisements, no Privacy silliness or anything like that. Just simple and straightforward.

Regards,
    Adrian

12. Mira says:

After installing this (tried on firefox and on chrome) the facebook page turns gray and cannot click on anything.
    After disable the add-on, facebook works normally.
    What should I do?
    Using firefox 3.6.10

13. Mira says:

Just wanted to update that it is now working in chrome but not in firefox – anyway, will just use chrome.
    Thanks

14. Melissa says:

will activating this show up on my news feed telling people I’ve downloaded the ‘unfriend finder’??

15. John says:

I just found a new app called “Who Unfriended Me?”!

It compares an old list of your friends with a current list of your friends, so that it can show you who unfriended you!

Check http://apps.facebook.com/whounfriendedme/
    Very easy to use, and some cool extra functions will be added soon!

16. Andrew says:

Can I use this with Chrome or just works with firefox? Sorry for the lame question, i don’t know a lot of these things

17. Jen Fitz says:

Thank you SO much! It was simple and it worked! I really can’t believe how perfect your directions were and how quickly I was able to get it set up. I didn’t think there was a “real” way to know who unfriends you because usually when someone posts a link for that kind of thing, it’s spam. You rock! Like Like Love!

18. Sahil says:

Thanks for sharing… that just works awesome…Is there any similar script for twitter. like if any one unfollows you it will give you a pop up notification that this guy is no longer following you??!!

19. Agripina Espenoza says:

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from being ripped off? I’d truly appreciate it.

20. thanks for this article, good continuation

21. it worked fine in firefox, thanks…

22. kawaiiko says:

Thanks a lot for sharing, I installed and see that in my fb now, but what I want to know is who unfriended me earlier coz I cannot find their name back on my friend list to recall the name or email, but she was in my list before .

So, I cannot see who unfriended me before I install this right?

23. theo says:

That app works well and for a long time : http://www.whoremovedyou.com

24. Barbara says:

This app is audaciously misleading. It works fine in terms of telling you who is unfriending you (unfriending you moving forward, say from the date this app is installed.) It will not tell you who HAS unfriended you in the past.
    “HowTo Find Out Who has Unfriended You on Facebook” is their claim. Not who WILL unfriend you. It is not retroactive. Therefore, it somewhat defeats the purpose. You usually end up noticing someone has unfriended; but the real question is “When”.

25. Margot says:

Good morning. this webpage is funny… I am sure that I am coming back to find interesting postings,

26. Ajay Phogat says:

ies ko download kise kare dosto…………???????????????????

27. Imran says:

nice but i want to know who has unfriended earlier is there any way

28. Michelle says:

Better yet. Check this out! http://friendleft.com

29. Lelejelica says:

Avoid all this stress

There is an app you can install directly in Facebook. I’m using this and it works good!

here the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unfriend-Finder/343657649045698?sk=app_383650395022728

have a check

Trackbacks

1. uberVU - social comments says:

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by devanshu7: RT @dangerdiabolick HowTo Find Out Who has Unfriended You on Facebook http://bit.ly/95KClN

2. Most Tweeted Articles by Blogging Experts says:

[...] 2 Tweets 30 Cool Wallpapers For Your Desktop | Cool Tricks N Tips 2 Tweets HowTo Find Out Who has Unfriended You on Facebook 2 Tweets The Ultimate Guide To Cloning In Photoshop – Smashing Magazine [...]