When publishing a post in your blog, it is important to remember your readers. Knowing your readers taste and writing according to that will make your readers happy and they would come back over and over again. It’s your blog and taking it for granted, You should not write post which irritates the readers. So, how to target your readers and write a post ? I hope the following points will help you to write a excellent blog post.
These points are to be kept in mind while writing a blog content –
1. People love reading blogs because they are written by people and not by corporations. Mainly they expect what you think and your views on particular content. So, tell them what you think and express your opinion and views on the content. Totally it should be interacting and lively.
2. Every post that you write should help or benefit your readers in some way. We’re not writing a novel with the intent to keep readers in suspense. Do not waste people’s time by posting content that is not worthwhile or valuable. So, Ensure that your blog posts are informative.
3. Know your readers. It’s important that you know and understand their needs, demands and write according to that. Know their problems, the things which they consider very important in lives, their burning questions, etc. Hold your readers demands and write blog post that are effective and impacting.
4. What ever topic you write, research it thoroughly. As a writer, it’s your responsibility to make sure that your blog posts contain complete information. This way you can stop your readers going to other blogs because yours lack some details, right ?
5. Impress your readers by sharing some secrets that you follow on writing a post. It not only helps them to earn trust on you but also convince them that you’re truly an expert in your chosen niche.
6. One of the major point in targeting readers is choosing a snappy and clear headline or title for your post. Your headlines can be controversial and catch their attention compelling them to read more. On my next post, I’ll write on how to chose title for your post.
7. After choosing the title, your body content should be short and simple. Don’t use jargon, write in simple English. Make sure to use short sentences, and touch on only a single concept per sentence.
8. Spoon feed your content to your readers and write in the same way that you talk. Automatically they will return to your blog for more.
9. People do not have a lot of time, so do not burden them with too much information unless you have a really good reason to post lengthy entries in your blog. So use 250 to 450 words and package your content in a effective way.
10. Your readers should quickly find the information so use bullets and points instead of big paragraphs. If you’re writing a paragraph, it can be up to 5 lines. use sub-headings so that readers are more engaged.
11. Be consistent with your style of writing, Readers are subscribing to your blog because they love your style of writing or delivering the articles, so don’t change or break that unique style of writing. Do post regularly and write on trending topics.
12. On choosing the title and body content, think about what keywords people would use to search for your post and include them in the body text and headers.
13. Finally complete the post and link other web pages that are contextual to your post. It positions you as an expert in the industry or niche.
14. After doing all the 13 steps mentioned above, before pushing your post check for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. Show that you respect your readers.
15. All these points will make you to publish a beautiful post and fetch you loyal and more number of readers.
I hope you enjoyed all the tips given above. Got something to say ? Please use the comments section ;-)
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |