Google Talk, one of the most used IM in the world, a product by Google. Google talk is mostly used by us only for chatting and many don’t know in spite of Chatting what else GTalk can do for us ? Will you believe that it can send us reminders, we can tweet, digg, get jokes, cricket news, check out the weather and many more..
You can add all these interesting feature in your GTalk by using Bots. What are Bots ? Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet. Bots may also be implemented where a response speed faster than that of humans is required (e.g., gaming bots and auction-site robots) or less commonly in situations where the emulation of human activity is required, for example chat bots.
Now let’s see how to add these bots on your Google Chat as friends ?
1. For this you need to have Google Mail account (If not, you can create one here)
2. Login to your Gmail account and on the left sidebar you can see chat tab –
3. Click the Add Contact > Type the Bot address > Hit the Send button.
4. Now you can find the bot in your friends list, Start chatting and Get updated from Google Talk.
Hot List of 20+ Google talk bots that you must add as friends –
1. For Jokes – email@example.com
2. For URL shortening using bit.ly – firstname.lastname@example.org
3. For basic calculations – email@example.com
4. For your daily horoscope – firstname.lastname@example.org
5. For currency conversion – email@example.com
6. For latest prices of stocks – firstname.lastname@example.org
7. For Bollywood movie reviews – email@example.com
8. For Quote of the Day – firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Get the cricket matches scores – email@example.com
10. For your daily weather – firstname.lastname@example.org
11. For setting reminders for yourself – email@example.com
12. For posting to your Twitter account – firstname.lastname@example.org
While posting to twitter account – It requires your twitter account authentication. So give Yes and Post from your Google Talk.
13. For posting to your Facebook account – email@example.com
14. For information on pending criminal cases against sitting MPs (Indian parliamentarians) – firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Naukri.com Job Search in Google – email@example.com
16. Delivers RSS Feeds to your Gtalk – firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Posting entries to your friendfeed stream – email@example.com
18. Search in different sites in varied formats in Gtalk – firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Perform google, yahoo, bing, twitter search – email@example.com
You can see the twitter @ replies of my account. Type ” help ” and get the list of commands you can use.
20. Get cricket scores, railway info, find businesses around you, stock quotes, horoscope and more – firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Update your status at over 20 sites simultaneously – email@example.com
22. Google Translation Bots – By using this Bot you can translate from any language to the language you want.
firstname.lastname@example.org – From English to Hindi
email@example.com – From English to Tamil
You can find all the languages Translation bot here – Link
For all these bots – Just Type “help” to get the list of commands you can use and “new” for the results.
There are many bots availble for Google Talk, If you find anything working and useful, Please feel free to share with us on comments =)
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |