Most of the them knew that SEO is Search Engine Optimization and is used for ranking as high as possible in search results from search engines. Why Should we try to rank high on search results ?
Yeah! If your website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. Not only more visitors,also If you want to spread the word on something that is important to you, you want to change the world, maybe you just want to sell something, or facing strong online competition.
Simply submitting your website to major search engines won’t fetch you good traffic, little of optimization will increase its relevance to specific keywords and it removes the barrier to the indexing activities of search engines. Now here are some few tips which you should follow for better search engine optimization –
1. To rank your site well with search engines, you need to have 3 major important things –
(i) Write good content
(ii) Make your content accessible.
(iii) Tell others about your content.
2. Search engines mainly understand text. So you need to make sure you create interesting, in-depth content in the form of text.
3. Have lots of content on your site which focus on same niche – If you write about Microsoft Windows 7, well then write about windows 7 supported freewares, utilities, themes, shortucts and bugs etc..
4. Let’s say, if your competitor also writes about the same niche and has more content on his/her site, There’s only one thing that will help you, not only to have lots of content, but you need to have original content.
5. Create Interactive charts, Provide a windows 7 wallpaper download area on your specific product which your focusing on.
6. Be unique so that visitors have a reason to come to your site instead of your competitor’s site. So these are the simple tips on how to write a good content. Now we can see
How to make your content accessible ?
7. Making your content accessible by search engine is something which is related to technical part. This part is technical simply because when search engines access your website, they won’t be seeing things the same way human visitors will. Instead of pictures and text, a search engine bot will see stuff like HTML tags, page titles, links, headers, and lots and lots of words.
8. If you have a page where you write about windows 7, then it should have a header that reads “windows 7” along with a screenshot of windows 7, features and what’s new on win7, and where to purchase and how to configure it.
9. There should be a (limited) set of links on that page leading to related areas of your site, like windows 7 hacks, windows 7 shortcuts and contact the admin of the site etc ..
10. Use appropriate page title – say if you write on win7 themes – then it should be ” download windows 7 themes on abc.com ” but it ought not be ” abc.com ” or ” themes for windows ” – be specific.
11. Meta tags, keywords and description are very much important .. check out this 2 minute video that tells you about the proper definition and use of Meta Tag.
12. Most important point is – Make each page rest on a simple, stable, and quick-loading place. For example, don’t move your pages to different URLs all the time, don’t create redirects, and don’t use overlong, complicated URLs.
13. Simple & stable pages invite others to bookmark your pages or link to them, and it allows search engines like Google to assign a “trust” value to your page.
14. Use proper markup, with tags like h1 and h2 (headers), p (paragraphs), a (links) and so on. Now we can see
How to spread your content to others ?
15. There once was a time people adding lots of keywords to their page to optimize it for search engines. but now search engines can’t be fooled easily, mostly they look at other sites to determine your site’s trust.
16. So checking the other site’s links to you and the more trusted your site is, the higher it ranks for a variety of search queries.
17. Now we have good content and we made it very accessible so it’s easy to link with other sites. Use blog roll wisely!
18. Go offline! meet people who are interested to get to know about your website. Go online! Sign-up for newsgroups and web forums of same niche, look for online directories, contact webmasters and bloggers who maintain sites in your topic area.
19. Don’t be selfish in spamming only your own website and get kicked off ! Instead be creative in finding people that might be happy to hear about your site and stuff. Mainly take time to help others with blogging queries etc ..
20. Use these social bookmarking sites like Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Facebook, StumbleUpon, LinkzDirect etc. So these are some steps to promote your content and site. now we can see
What not should be done on SEO ?
21. Don’t stuff too many keywords into places where they don’t belong.
22. Don’t trust people who promise you “instant #1 rankings”, “guaranteed top 10 positions” or anything of the sort.
23. Don’t link to others from your site just because they promised a link back to you or paid you.. because of bad neighborhoods you have a chance of loosing your pagerank etc..
24. Don’t use tools that automatically submit your site’s URL to directories, search engines.
25. Don’t create duplicacy of contents or pages, it may result in lower SEO ranking.
26. Don’t have any broken or dead links present on your site. Check the contents of your website against industry standards (e.g. W3C validation)
27. Do Not Overuse Anchor Text. When providing several links to the same destination, change the anchor text for each. For example, if linking to your contact page, vary the link text like contact us, give us a shout, get more info, etc.
Some Must do’s on SEO ?
28. Make the navigation of your site crawler friendly so that the search spiders can travel and index them easily.
29. Create a sitemap so that visitors and search engines can visit different parts of your website in an easy way.
30. Ultimately Don’t worry about Google results for the first couple of months, in fact, don’t worry about Google results at all. Your site might not appear in search engines in the beginning, and maybe once it does, your competition will rank higher than you… but these things take time.
31. If you follow all these steps , you can become a successful blogger. To be frank, once you optimize your website very well and if you get decent traffic, automatically you ll be interested in blogging more.. Blogging requires lots of hard work, devotion towards the work, and more patience.
So If you hold all the three, you can become a successful blogger. I hope all the above points would have helped you on search engine optimization. Not only SEO can make you a successful blogger, but its a part of successful blogging career. Good Luck !
Optimize your website – Increase your love towards blogging – become a successful blogger. Got something to say ?
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |