Since I bookmark most of the websites which i come across while surfing, Synchronizing it and backing up all my bookmarks is much needed incase of a system crash. So, with the help of great add-on Xmarks you can automatically backup and store your bookmarks and stored passwords, and access them from any machine.
Xmarks is a great add-on if you work on different computers. By Installing Xmarks on each computer you use, and it seamlessly integrates with your web browser and keeps your bookmarks safely backed up and in sync. Xmarks will sync across browsers too. It supports Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. Password Synchronization is competely optional. If you’d like to learn more about how it works look here.
How it works ?
Xmarks provides seamless bookmark synchronization between your computers and browsers via their synchronization server. Your bookmark (and optionally password) data is securely stored and backed up on their servers.
Features of Xmarks –
1. Highlighting the 3 top sites in your Google results based on how many people have bookmarked them.
2. Click on the Xmarks info icon in your location bar to see detailed information about the site you are on.
3. You can view, edit, add and delete bookmarks from any browser by going to my.xmarks.com and logging in with your Xmarks username and password.
4. It is possible to access your bookmarks from a mobile phone – thus making your bookmarks truly mobile.
5. You can also create different profiles to specify what bookmarks appear on which computers.
6. You can Share bookmarks with your friends and family.
7. Xmarks can securely sync your passwords across all your computers (Learn more)
Xmarks for IE | Firefox | Safari – Download Here
Chrome Users – Download
Firefox supports all the features of Xmarks and You can look here at the detailed study of Xmarks between browsers
Download Xmarks add-on From Mozilla Addons – Homepage
Try out yourself and leave your comments (-:
Don’t forget to read – Top 5 Firefox Add-ons for Bloggers
Subscribe as a reader of steal-ideas and Get articles delivered to your inbox!
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |