In the last post, we have seen how to speed up the web using some google tools but certain basic things which should be known by every blogger before using those tools. If your website loads slow there is a very large chance that most visitors may not even see the whole first page. In the current business world, where we need to do more with less time and resources, people just don’t have the luxury of waiting around and can be sometimes annoying to the people using low bandwidth Internet connection like Dial Up users resulting in reduction in visitors So here I am going to tell you that how you can make your page load fast.
So here are few tips to reduce your website or blog page load time :
1. Reduce the number of graphics on your Blogs/Website. Generally the purpose of a webpage is to provide information. If an image doesn’t improve the information or message then avoid using it. Studies have shown that one third of users will leave a website that doesn’t load in 10 seconds or less. Donot use BMP images, because they are 10 times bigger than JPG images.
2. If your website doesn’t need Flash and Multimedia then don’t use it. If the use of flash or multimedia doesn’t greatly enhance the purpose of your website then don’t use it.
3. Remove Unwanted Sounds and Videos : I have seen many blogs putting their favourite songs that play in background.I do not understand what is the use of it ? It only creates a negative impact on the user ,nothing else.How ?? Your web page will take double time to load. So if you have any background songs in your blog,just remove it and then see the difference in the load time.Same is the case with the videos also.Instead of putting up the whole video just give the link.
4. Design using multiple tables rather than one. When you design a page based on one table then the whole page can’t load until the table loads. If you design the page with a header table, body table and footer table then each table will display in the browser as it loads.
6. Try to keep the amount of information on each page under 2 or 3 screens of information. If your WebPage is getting longer than 2 pages of scrolling you may want to consider breaking the page up into multiple pages. Then rather than one slower loading pages you have 2 quick loading pages.
8. Move all HTML code present inside < style > tags to an external CSS file. Styles embedded in webpages make them bulky while the CSS file is downloaded just once on the client computer.
9. Just say no to Blog Chats, Google Gadgets, Weather forecast widgets, etc. They don’t add value to your site and increase the page loading time.
10. Manually clean up your HTML – if you have done the blog template inside Macromedia Dreamweaver or Microsoft Frontpage, they would have add some extra HTML tags and other information which you probably don’t need in the finished version. Open the template in Notepad and delete the additional commentary mercilessly.
So follow these simple tips and test your website loading time free of cost on the web. Website Speed Test is a free online utility tool by Iwebtools. check the speed of our blog’s loading time.
Website Speed Test – Link
If you like the post, please digg and Tweet it and Don’t forget to Leave your comments (-:
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |