Today, I’m going to suggest some good extensions for Google chrome lovers. I had been a Hard-core Firefox user and casual chrome surfer. but Now-a-days I’m moving to Google Chrome.I love its design and features. Simple and Faster loading time than Firefox, may be that’s made me to switch from Firefox to Chrome. So coming to Topic, Google chrome has added support for extensions like Which Firefox has add-ons, but not like too many Firefox add-ons only few extensions have been released to Chrome. However there are a few extensions which are worth using. This tutorial or List of extensions will be little lengthy so don’t Ignore to Read. It can turn you as Google Chrome Lover.
Here is a list of extensions that you can install and use in Google Chrome.
First point is Where does Google Chrome install itself ? Not in program files. In Windows XP Google Chrome will be installed in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\directory.
In Windows Vista Google Chrome will be installed in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\ directory.
Replace C: with the drive windows is installed in and UserName with the windows users you installed chrome with. We are not sure why they install in the Local App Data folder, and they do not provide any way to change the settings, while you are installing the software. You can easily uninstall Google Chrome through the control panel.
Now coming to Google Chrome Extensions, How to Install it ?
To install Google chrome extensions Follow the steps below.
1: Edit the current shortcut you use to open Google chrome by right clicking it and selecting properties from the available options.
2: In the new window that opens up, navigate to the Shortcut tab and add –enable-extensions to the end of the line preceded by a space in the target box, as shown in the screenshot above.
How To Uninstall Google Chrome Extensions?
To uninstall an extension, you need to delete its folder and restart Chrome. The extensions that you download from this page are stored under the profile folder.
Find your Google Chrome profile folder. It’s the directory named Default that’s in your user data directory.
1: Go to the Extensions folder under your profile folder. You’ll see a bunch of folders with names like 7868865ecc233b0400abe5d38d88355c03c4bb1a.
2: Figure out which folder corresponds to the extension you want to uninstall. You can usually tell by looking at the names of the files under the folder. For example, the BuildBot Monitor has the file 7868865ecc233b0400abe5d38d88355c03c4bb1a\0.1\buildbot.html.
3: Delete the folder.
4: Restart Chrome.
Now here are the list of Extensions for Google Chrome :
1. Gmail Checker – This extension basically displays a toolstrip that shows how many messages are in your Gmail inbox, clicking on the counter will open your inbox.
Install Gmail Checker extension – Link
2. Subscribe In Google Reader – If you are a Google Reader user, this tool will help you subscribe to feeds from websites with a single click, if you have already subscribe to the feed in Google Reader, you will see a Checkmark next to the subscribe button.
Install Subscribe in Google Reader – Link
3. Page Rank Checker for Chrome – This extension will show the page rank of the page you are browsing currently in the toolstrip.
Install Page Rank for Chrome – Link
4. AdSweep – AdSweep is a extension that will allow users to block ads in Google Chrome.
Install Adsweep for Chrome – Link
5. Cleeki – If you have used IE8 accelerators, you will know how useful they can be, Cleeki is a Google Chrome extension that brings features similar to IE8 accelerators to Google Chrome.
Install Cleeki for Chrome – Link
6. Flash block – Blocks all Flash content from loading. It then leaves placeholders on the webpage that allows you to view the Flash content.
Install Flash Block – Link
7. No Speed Dial – Replaces the New Tab page with a blank page.
Install No Speed Dial – Link
8. Blackcoil’s YouTube Downloader – Allows you to download YouTube videos with other functions.
Install YouTube Downloader – Link
We will try and keep this list up-to-date whenever we come across new extensions. Do you know of any other extensions for Google Chrome? Do let us know about them through comment section and we will add it to this list.
My next post is Some Useful Bookmarklets for Google Chrome.
If you like this post, Leave your comments (-;
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |