This error might have been faced by all USB drive users at one time or the other when trying to eject it.
This sought of condition occurs when some application/process from your USB drive is being accessed/used by your system (or) when any application in the USB drive is running (or) it may also show up when some virus files are running in your drive.
How-To Overcome (after each step try ejecting, if it’s not ejecting successfully then go to next step)
1) Scan your USB drive with the latest updated anti-virus software and clean the infected files if any.
2) Close all the applications in your USB drive.
3) Unlock the files that the OS is using from your pen drive and all the process that are running from your USB drive with the help of a very small and efficient software called UNLOCKER. DOWNLOAD IT FROM HERE
(click on image to enlarge)
* Then you get the Unlocker window showing all the process running and the process path and other details.
* Thats it!! Now Eject and there will be no problem.
* Hope this helps.. try it n post in your valuable comments.
| For a limited time I'm sharing some select Tips and Tricks and How-To Guides for FREE. |